Watching Kamala Harris and Joe Biden speak on that recent Saturday in Delaware made me wonder something else. Are Trump supporters even a little relieved that the embarrassment of following him might soon be over? No more 5 a.m. tweets sending the stock market into freefall. No more fourth-grade-level word salad when he’s off the teleprompter. No more defending yourself against people who think you’re racist just because you agree with him.
That had to suck, for sure. Put that behind you, and let the historical autopsy on this era in history begin. Please, learn your lesson, and let’s get out of Trump’s weird “opposite world.” Because, ironically, with the Biden/Harris administration, I could almost feel America getting … great, again.
Theo Wilson is a poet, speaker, author and activist. Learn more about him at TheoWilson.net.
The Colorado Sun is a nonpartisan news organization, and the opinions of columnists and editorial writers do not reflect the opinions of the newsroom. Read our ethics policy for more on The Sun’s opinion policy and submit columns, suggested writers and more to email@example.com.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Gov. Jared Polis begins quarantine after exposure to person with coronavirus
- More Colorado counties are demanding entrance to Mesa’s coronavirus “pre-check” program for restaurants
- Former Tuskegee Airman Frank Macon dies at 97 in Colorado Springs
- Defiant Colorado restaurants could lose licenses, Gov. Polis says
- Masks up! Colorado ski resorts are moving ahead as state, counties and businesses restrict access