The Colorado Sun is growing! Come work for a journalist-owned, independent news outlet that is helping set the narrative in Colorado. Open jobs are listed below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Open job listings
🎉 Marketing and Events Coordinator
The Colorado Sun is seeking a marketing and events coordinator. The role will entail coordination of event details and digital banner sponsorship ads, interaction with clients, support of sales activities and branding efforts.
The pitch: The ideal candidate will have an interest in media, desire to learn, some knowledge of digital marketing, be very detailed, organized, interested in juggling a variety of projects and enjoy a fast pace.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Setting up Eventbrite registration site in coordination with staff
- Communications with sponsors
- Execute digital and print promotions of events
- Compile data from attendees
- Manage day-of and on-site event details
Sponsorship sales support
- Aggregate and share data required by clients for each campaign
- Maintain calendar of online banner activity
- Provide images and links to editorial production team
- Collect creative from clients and follow up with clients
- Manage trade accounts
- Develop new partnerships
- Coordinate with Business Members
- Assist with Colorado Sun advertising campaigns
- Assist with drafting social media messages for sales & marketing campaigns
- Coordinate Colorado Sun branding and marketing campaigns
- Creative contributions to various marketing projects including membership and sponsorship initiatives
- Analyze data from marketing efforts to contribute to future planning
- Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, business, events, hospitality management or related fields. Or 1 to 2 years of experience preferred in marketing, event production, digital advertising, media or communications.
- Eager to align with our mission-driven focus
- Team player, yet able to work independently
- Very detailed in managing many aspects of your work
- Enjoy working with spreadsheets
- Organized and enjoy juggling a variety of different projects each day
- Creative and solution focused
- Interest in a data-driven approach to growth
- Desire to learn and grow with a company
Benefits and Compensation: The salary range is $45,000 to $60,000, depending on experience level. The Colorado Sun offers health, vision and dental insurance to its employees, as well as a 401(k) plan after one year of employment.
>> Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit to email@example.com. Application period closes Feb. 1, 2022.
The Colorado Sun is an award-winning, online news organization created and owned by some of the state’s most experienced journalists. It produces agenda-setting local journalism that highlights the people, places and issues that make Colorado a great place to live, work and play.
The Sun is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.