Over the weekend, the extra $600 in weekly pandemic unemployment assistance going out in addition to regular unemployment benefits ran out – as unemployment continues in the state. Recent reporting from Tamara Chuang at The Colorado Sun looks at the impact of that federal assistance ending, along with reporting about thieves targeting that unemployment relief program. Tamara joined us to discuss both topics.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- East Troublesome fire evacuees fled in minutes. Now it could be days before they know the fate of their homes.
- Colorado limits gatherings to 10 people from no more than two households as coronavirus spike continues
- Littwin: The headline from the debate is Trump wasn’t a major jerk, but that isn’t the headline he needed
- “We expect an active fire”: Weather is forecast to fuel East Troublesome fire on Friday
- First coronavirus, then an inferno: How schools in the East Troublesome fire’s path are scrambling to keep their students learning