Over the weekend, the extra $600 in weekly pandemic unemployment assistance going out in addition to regular unemployment benefits ran out – as unemployment continues in the state. Recent reporting from Tamara Chuang at The Colorado Sun looks at the impact of that federal assistance ending, along with reporting about thieves targeting that unemployment relief program. Tamara joined us to discuss both topics.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- The coronavirus campaign shows partisan split in Colorado, as top candidates mostly keep out of view
- Coloradans dosed with ketamine during police confrontations want investigation
- Food grown for research once rotted in Colorado fields. Now, it’s feeding the hungry
- In 1963, America didn’t listen to the “language of the unheard.” We can’t afford to fail this time.
- What’d I Miss?: A Colorado tale of one hundreds