When I am listening
looking at these faces
I feel how we are all together.
It is when I speak
that the space shouts out where I am
off-kilter vertiginous alone.
Maria Berardi is a poet living in Bailey.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Colorado federal student aid applications dip during the coronavirus pandemic
- U.S. Supreme Court upholds Colorado’s right to remove “faithless electors” in consequential ruling
- Trains could return to Colorado’s Tennessee Pass, rumble through Leadville under pair of proposals
- Why a global fight over airplane manufacturing is affecting wine lists in Colorado restaurants
- Colorado’s 2015 law changing how officer-involved shootings are reviewed still lets police agencies investigate themselves