When I am listening
looking at these faces
I feel how we are all together.
It is when I speak
that the space shouts out where I am
off-kilter vertiginous alone.
Maria Berardi is a poet living in Bailey.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- George Gore’s bloody legacy could soon be erased from Colorado’s mountains, replaced with a nod to the Utes
- John Hickenlooper’s conflicting record and rhetoric on fracking a point of dispute in U.S. Senate race
- Trinidad’s Temple Aaron seemed destined to die. But the 131-year-old Jewish synagogue’s fate was never sealed.
- What’d I Miss?: Grim fairy tale
- Drew Litton: Denver’s got something contagious going around