One person is dead after a small plane crashed on Sunday morning while trying to land at an airport in western Colorado .
The pilot was the only person aboard. “Upon arrival, emergency crews confirmed that the sole occupant of the plane, the pilot, was deceased,” the sheriff’s office said in a news release.
The National Transportation Safety Board says it is investigating the crash.
The name of the pilot has not been released.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Colorado governor bans evictions for tenants who can prove financial hardship because of coronavirus
- They’ve been called soccer moms, rage moms and Zoom moms. Why the Colorado suburban-women vote is so important.
- Democrats dominate campaign fundraising and spend big to build majority in the Colorado legislature
- Colorado has had coronavirus spikes before. Here’s why the current one could be different.
- Littwin: Trump’s final message to voters is that he knows more than Dr. Fauci (and everyone else)