One person is dead after a small plane crashed on Sunday morning while trying to land at an airport in western Colorado .
The pilot was the only person aboard. “Upon arrival, emergency crews confirmed that the sole occupant of the plane, the pilot, was deceased,” the sheriff’s office said in a news release.
The National Transportation Safety Board says it is investigating the crash.
The name of the pilot has not been released.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Homeowner undergoes surgery after bear attack in Aspen
- Denver schools to get ventilation upgrades to help stem spread of coronavirus
- As coronavirus testing soars, wait times jump to a week — or more — across the U.S.
- Two Aurora police officers fired for reenacting Elijah McClain carotid hold file appeals
- Nonprofit cash being spent in Colorado campaigns still impossible to trace despite 2019 law