Colorado’s race for governor enters a crucial stage this week — and it’s time for voters to get involved.
The Colorado Sun and its partners — CBS4, Colorado Public Television and KOA NewsRadio (850 AM) — will host a prime-time debate between Democrat Jared Polis and Republican Walker Stapleton live at 6 p.m. Friday.
The hour-long debate is the first major test for the two rivals and comes just 10 days before election officials begin to mail ballots to Colorado voters on Oct. 15.
The discussion is expected to showcase the significant differences between Polis and Stapleton in terms of their top priorities for health care, state spending and environmental protections.
Current Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper is term-limited.
Ahead of the debate, The Sun wants to hear from you — our readers and loyal members.
- What are the most important issues that you want to hear the candidates discuss?
- What are the questions you need them to answer to help you decide how to cast your ballot?
- What topics do you think are missing from the current campaign that need more attention?
Send your questions for the debate to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will read all of them and try to incorporate as many as possible into the debate. Feel free to include more information to help us understand your interest in the question.
The debate will start at 6 p.m. without commercial interruption on CBS4 and CPTV12 and air on KOA NewsRadio.
Colorado Public Television will also recast the debate again at 7 p.m.
Look for more coverage all week at coloradosun.com.
More from The Colorado Sun
- Aurora officials say water in Colorado is increasingly difficult to find. So they’ve tapped an inactive mine.
- Carman: Make Thanksgiving great again – no gloating allowed
- Opinion: What’s in a name? An open letter to Gov.-elect Polis
- Nicolais: The First Step Act represents overdue legal reform
- Armstrong: Training unarmed civilians would reduce mass murder