In early April, Gunnison County announced that second-homeowners had to stay out of the county, to limit the spread of COVID-19. Now, second-homeowners who are frustrated by their lack of a voice on local issues are working to sway the upcoming county commissioner election. Jason Blevins has been following this story for The Colorado Sun and joined us to discuss his reporting.
Listen to Jason talk to KUNC’s Colorado Edition (hear the whole program here).
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Denver school board unanimously backs curriculum redesign to highlight racially diverse narratives
- Aurora working group presents draft plan to recruit and retain more teachers of color
- Two churches in Colorado granted exemption from state coronavirus guidelines
- Colorado money tracker: A look at the candidates and campaigns spending to influence the 2020 vote
- “Lots of structure loss” after East Troublesome fire’s explosion into Grand Lake, but changing weather slows march toward Estes Park