In early April, Gunnison County announced that second-homeowners had to stay out of the county, to limit the spread of COVID-19. Now, second-homeowners who are frustrated by their lack of a voice on local issues are working to sway the upcoming county commissioner election. Jason Blevins has been following this story for The Colorado Sun and joined us to discuss his reporting.
Listen to Jason talk to KUNC’s Colorado Edition (hear the whole program here).
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Colorado attorney general opens investigation into “patterns and practices” of Aurora Police Department
- Parents of Elijah McClain sue Aurora police over his death
- I-70 closed through Glenwood Canyon because of large wildfire, reopening unclear
- Colorado students may shuffle school districts during coronavirus, leaving a financial mess in their wake
- Who should represent Colorado? The answers take shape this week as census, redistricting hit key phases