Former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff and former Gov. John Hickenlooper faced off Wednesday night in a debate hosted by The Colorado Sun and CBS4.
The Democrats, who are running to unseat Republican U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner in November, will debated for an hour starting at 6 p.m.
PBS 12 also partnered with The Colorado Sun and CBS4 to host the debate. The moderators were CBS4 political reporter Shaun Boyd, Colorado Sun political reporter John Frank and PBS 12 Colorado Inside Out Host Dominic Dezzutti.
The debate came as ballots for the June 30 primary are sent out this week.
Hickenlooper and Romanoff are the only two Democrats left in the race out of what once was a large field.
Colorado’s U.S. Senate race is one of the nation’s most watched 2020 contests. Gardner is considered among the most vulnerable congressional Republicans up for reelection this year.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- The coronavirus campaign shows partisan split in Colorado, as top candidates mostly keep out of view
- Coloradans dosed with ketamine during police confrontations want investigation
- Food grown for research once rotted in Colorado fields. Now, it’s feeding the hungry
- In 1963, America didn’t listen to the “language of the unheard.” We can’t afford to fail this time.
- What’d I Miss?: A Colorado tale of one hundreds