The Colorado Sun combed through the 263-page report investigating child sex abuse by priests in Colorado’s three Catholic dioceses and pulled out the names of 40 priests who were mentioned.
From the report, we also compiled the parishes, schools and other locations they worked in Colorado during the period the abuse is alleged to have occurred, what years the abuse is alleged to have occurred, how many alleged victims they had, and notes on their actions and the church’s response.
The report, compiled by a third-party investigator, found at least 166 victims.
WARNING: The following chart contains graphic descriptions of sexual abuse.
Scroll to see the full table.
This reporting is made possible by our members. You can directly support independent watchdog journalism in Colorado for as little as $5 a month. Start here: coloradosun.com/join
- Colorado has spent hundreds of millions to help kids read. Now, it will spend up to $5.2 million to find out why it hasn’t worked.
- Ranchers have beef with alt “meats” / Snazzier tech skills for older workers / Colorado vs. water crisis / Breaks + overtime for more workers? / Much more
- Charter school network STRIVE Prep to close northwest Denver high school in possible sign of what’s to come
- Colorado ranchers have beef with lab-grown and plant-based “meat” — and they want well-done labeling
- Water crisis looms if Colorado fails to meet its legal obligations to other states, study warns