Jared Polis will deliver his first State of the State address on Thursday as Colorado’s governor where he’s expected to lay out his policy goals.
Polis will take to the podium at 11 a.m. in the Colorado House chamber to speak to all 100 state lawmakers and other gathered guests and politicians.
The speech — expected to last about 45 minutes — will be livestreamed on the governor’s Facebook page. You can also watch at this page, which will be updated once the event begins.
In an interview with The Colorado Sun, Polis offered a preview of his legislative priorities.
He said he would push for money to cover the cost of full-day kindergarten statewide and propose an income tax cut for small businesses and families paid for by repealing corporate tax breaks.
More from The Colorado Sun
- Opinion: Let’s find ways to protect students without placing them at additional risk
- Opinion: Colorado lawmakers are gambling with measles
- Nicolais: Giellis campaign for Denver mayor goes from incompetent to shameful
- Krieger: Time for a change at Denver City Hall, Part 2
- Opinion: New energy laws are on the books. Let’s make them work for all Coloradans.