Jared Polis will deliver his first State of the State address on Thursday as Colorado’s governor where he’s expected to lay out his policy goals.
Polis will take to the podium at 11 a.m. in the Colorado House chamber to speak to all 100 state lawmakers and other gathered guests and politicians.
The speech — expected to last about 45 minutes — will be livestreamed on the governor’s Facebook page. You can also watch at this page, which will be updated once the event begins.
In an interview with The Colorado Sun, Polis offered a preview of his legislative priorities.
He said he would push for money to cover the cost of full-day kindergarten statewide and propose an income tax cut for small businesses and families paid for by repealing corporate tax breaks.
More from The Colorado Sun
- Nicolais: The decline and fall of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners’ Dudley Brown
- Opinion: Poverty, a pandemic and protests have laid bare Colorado’s deep and persistent inequality
- Opinion: Local energy production is the sustainable choice
- Opinion: A fellow Republican asks — where did Cory Gardner’s integrity go?
- Gov. Jared Polis vetoes pair of bills dealing with license plates, regulating private investigators