This story was originally published by Chalkbeat. Sign up for their newsletters at ckbe.at/newsletters
Six Colorado schools have been named 2021 National Blue Ribbon Schools, a prestigious recognition that can be based on overall academic performance or on helping traditionally underserved student groups make more progress.
Nationally, just 325 schools were named National Blue Ribbon Schools this year.
This year’s Colorado winners include three in Denver Public Schools, the state’s largest district, one in Boulder, one in LaSalle, a Weld County town near Greeley, and a private Christian school in Highlands Ranch.
- High Peaks Elementary School in the Boulder Valley School District
- Carson Elementary School in Denver Public Schools
- McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School in Denver Public Schools
- William Roberts ECE-8 School in Denver Public Schools
- Valor Christian High School in Highlands Ranch
- North Valley Middle School in LaSalle
Read more on chalkbeat.org.