The Air Force Thunderbirds flew over cities across Colorado’s Front Range on Saturday afternoon in honor of those working on the front lines of the battle against the new coronavirus.
The team was in the state for the Air Force Academy’s graduation earlier in the day.
The fighter jets’ flight path took them first over Greeley, then through Fort Collins, Longmont, Denver, Aurora and then south back toward Colorado Springs and Pueblo.
Here are some photos of the F-16 aircraft that make up the Thunderbirds as they passed over downtown Denver:
Have photos or videos of the Thunderbirds flying over Colorado that you’d like to share? Send them to email@example.com and we will share them right here.
Please include how you would like to be credited.
The Thunderbirds fly over Boulder. (Barbara Colombo, Special to The Colorado Sun)
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Test of Colorado mail finds delivery is timely — most of the time
- Littwin: The new court may outlaw Roe, but the loser won’t simply be women’s right to control their own bodies
- Nicolais: To avoid election chaos, states must move up mail ballot processing
- Carman: There’s no denying, if we don’t work together, we’re cooked
- Krieger: A lonely Colorado conservative makes the case for one person, one vote