Limn — lim/ verb 1. Depict or describe in painting or words. 2. Suffuse or highlight (something) with a bright color or light.
A monthly strip by Lonnie MF Allen showcasing his civic-minded ideas through an idiosyncratic perspective, with informative and stylish drawings highlighting the issues affecting Coloradans today. His work will appear in the Sun monthly.
For the past eight years, Lonnie Allen has been the organizer of Denver Drink and Draw, a weekly gathering of comics artists. His work has appeared in Image Comics and Dark Horse Comics. He has been nominated for a prestigious Eisner Award, won a DiNKy for Outstanding Work by a Colorado Creator and was named one of the 100 Colorado Creatives by Westword. He’s currently the art director for Suspect Press.
More Cartoons from The Sun
- Jim Morrissey: Coloradans’ tax refund checks double as economic reality checks
- Drew Litton: Colorado campers endure the other back-to-school rush
- What’d I Miss?: Remembering groundbreaking “Star Trek” icon Nichelle Nichols
- Drew Litton: For Coloradans, Stanley Cup fever quickly morphed into Broncomania
- What’d I Miss?: Did past generations really value marriage more — or was society just different?
- What’d I Miss?: Ossie’s dad can recall a time being a fan meant actually liking things
- Drew Litton: An American horror show plays out in Jan. 6 hearings
- Jim Morrissey: A candidate practices a familiar political refrain