Join The Colorado Sun as we talk to Colorado lawmakers, health experts, scientists and more about issues affecting Colorado.
Surviving the Medicaid Cliff — April 4, 6-7 p.m.
This event is presented by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado.
Colorado Sun health reporter John Ingold will talk with experts about how more than 300,000 Coloradans could lose Medicaid coverage as pandemic-era federal rules come to an end this spring.
Learn about what information you’ll need to know, how to find new insurance and much more.
- Kim Bimestefer, executive director; Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Meagan Fearing, president; Colorado State Association of Health Underwriters
- Michael Conway, Colorado Insurance Commissioner
- Kevin Patterson, Connect for Health Colorado, Chief Executive Officer
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) has been a trusted healthcare partner in Colorado since 1938. Anthem is the only health insurance provider with a plan available in every county in the state.
Visit anthem.com/staycovered for help navigating the Medicaid renewal process.
Colorado Backcountry Safety — April 13,
The Colorado Sun’s outdoor reporter Jason Blevins speaks with experts about avalanche and backcountry safety.
Speakers include Jeff Sparhawk, Colorado Search and Rescue Executive Director and Ethan Greene, Colorado Avalanche Information Center Director.
2023 Post Legislative Session Recap
May 10, 6-7 p.m.
Join Colorado Sun’s politics reporter and editor Jesse Paul as he highlights some of the successes, the challenges, what that means for 2023 and everything in between during the 2023 Post Legislative Session Recap.
Speakers to be announced!
Clearing Colorado’s Air — May 18, 6-7 p.m.
Join Colorado’s top air pollution official, environmentalists and industry leaders in a frank discussion on the magnitude of the state’s clean air problems and what can — or should — be done about it. Moderated by Colorado Sun Environment Writer Michael Booth.
Speakers include Michael Ogletree, Air Pollution Control Division Director and Patricia Garcia-Nelson, from Colorado GreenLatinos. More speakers will be announced!
- Have an event idea? Submit it to Kristina Pritchett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to sponsor an event? Interested companies should reach out to Sylvia Harmon at email@example.com