EAGLE — Authorities have confirmed that a body pulled from the Eagle River in western Colorado is that of a 3-year-old boy who had been missing for nearly a month.
Sebastian Rodriguez Castro went missing June 5 near an apartment complex in Eagle where he lived. Hundreds of volunteers and first responders looked for the boy with help from drones, rescue dogs and helicopters. His body was found just east of Dotsero on Friday.
The Eagle County coroner’s office said Wednesday that Sebastian accidentally drowned, adding, “We hope this announcement brings closure to the family and a measure of healing to our caring community.”
No other information was released.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Aurora delays in-person learning for high school students until November, following Denver Public Schools
- We’ve mapped out the 22 homes that were destroyed or damaged by the Cal-Wood fire
- “They silenced us”: Colorado parents-turned-teachers want schools, lawmakers to give them a voice
- Durango’s ridiculed Bridge to Nowhere suddenly has clear road ahead
- Why are so many people riled up by Jena Griswold?