EAGLE — Authorities have confirmed that a body pulled from the Eagle River in western Colorado is that of a 3-year-old boy who had been missing for nearly a month.
Sebastian Rodriguez Castro went missing June 5 near an apartment complex in Eagle where he lived. Hundreds of volunteers and first responders looked for the boy with help from drones, rescue dogs and helicopters. His body was found just east of Dotsero on Friday.
The Eagle County coroner’s office said Wednesday that Sebastian accidentally drowned, adding, “We hope this announcement brings closure to the family and a measure of healing to our caring community.”
No other information was released.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Parents of Elijah McClain sue Aurora police over his death
- I-70 closed through Glenwood Canyon because of large wildfire, reopening unclear
- Colorado students may shuffle school districts during coronavirus, leaving a financial mess in their wake
- Who should represent Colorado? The answers take shape this week as census, redistricting hit key phases
- Colorado’s struggle to improve school vaccination rates shows the challenges ahead for a coronavirus vaccine