By Nicholas Riccardi, The Associated Press
The Colorado Democrat’s office said Friday that Bennet underwent surgery last weekend and is recovering at home. He will require no further treatment, his office said.
The three-term senator, 54, has said he’d run for the White House if he was cancer-free after treatment.
Bennet is the former head of Denver Public Schools who has carved out a reputation as a policy-oriented centrist in the Senate.
Bennet announced his cancer diagnosis earlier this month.
This reporting is made possible by our members. You can directly support independent watchdog journalism in Colorado for as little as $5 a month. Start here: coloradosun.com/join
More from The Colorado Sun
- China tariffs are translating into higher prices, strategic shifts for the outdoor industry. But “it’s not something you can do overnight.”
- Colorado’s consumer protection laws are getting much tougher — and that could help with the state’s opioid lawsuit
- It’s not just China: The United States’ global trade war has Colorado companies seeking — and finding — workarounds
- Did the Colorado Supreme Court just throw the state’s marijuana-legalization regime into question? The chief justice seems to think so.
- Opinion: If Roe v. Wade falls, Cory Gardner helped pave the way