By Nicholas Riccardi, The Associated Press
The Colorado Democrat’s office said Friday that Bennet underwent surgery last weekend and is recovering at home. He will require no further treatment, his office said.
The three-term senator, 54, has said he’d run for the White House if he was cancer-free after treatment.
Bennet is the former head of Denver Public Schools who has carved out a reputation as a policy-oriented centrist in the Senate.
Bennet announced his cancer diagnosis earlier this month.
This reporting is made possible by our members. You can directly support independent watchdog journalism in Colorado for as little as $5 a month. Start here: coloradosun.com/join
More from The Colorado Sun
- Colorado needs affordable housing. The state owns land. Can this combination work?
- As Colorado nears 100% broadband access, funds for rural support shrink
- Who Colorado donors support the most in the 2020 presidential race
- Federal court revives long-fought lawsuit in Colorado challenging TABOR
- Equifax to pay up to $700 million in data breach settlement, including more than $3 million to Colorado