By Nicholas Riccardi, The Associated Press
The Colorado Democrat’s office said Friday that Bennet underwent surgery last weekend and is recovering at home. He will require no further treatment, his office said.
The three-term senator, 54, has said he’d run for the White House if he was cancer-free after treatment.
Bennet is the former head of Denver Public Schools who has carved out a reputation as a policy-oriented centrist in the Senate.
Bennet announced his cancer diagnosis earlier this month.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Denver mayor backs temporary campsites, new tax for city’s unhoused population
- Coronavirus has led to record crowds on Colorado’s public lands and plenty of “knucklehead” situations
- Cory Gardner starts the U.S. Senate contest in negative territory. And the reason why is simple.
- The Colorado attorney general’s review of Elijah McClain’s death is unprecedented. Here’s how it may go.
- Colorado’s GOP U.S. House candidate Lauren Boebert is latest linked to QAnon conspiracy theory