By Nicholas Riccardi, The Associated Press
The Colorado Democrat’s office said Friday that Bennet underwent surgery last weekend and is recovering at home. He will require no further treatment, his office said.
The three-term senator, 54, has said he’d run for the White House if he was cancer-free after treatment.
Bennet is the former head of Denver Public Schools who has carved out a reputation as a policy-oriented centrist in the Senate.
Bennet announced his cancer diagnosis earlier this month.
This reporting is made possible by our members. You can directly support independent watchdog journalism in Colorado for as little as $5 a month. Start here: coloradosun.com/join
- Colorado attorney general announces alliance to address hate crimes
- Altitude sues Comcast, says cable provider is running Denver sports network out of business
- More Colorado workers will get breaks, must make $42,500 salary to be exempt from overtime under draft policy
- Former Westminster cop pleads guilty to violating civil rights of woman he sexually assaulted on duty
- Fund roads by going local? / Rose Medical Center’s trailblazing history / Colorado’s public option unknowns / Colorado news reading list / Much more