By Nicholas Riccardi, The Associated Press
The Colorado Democrat’s office said Friday that Bennet underwent surgery last weekend and is recovering at home. He will require no further treatment, his office said.
The three-term senator, 54, has said he’d run for the White House if he was cancer-free after treatment.
Bennet is the former head of Denver Public Schools who has carved out a reputation as a policy-oriented centrist in the Senate.
Bennet announced his cancer diagnosis earlier this month.
Our articles are free to read, but not free to report
Support local journalism around the state.
Become a member of The Colorado Sun today!
The latest from The Sun
- Colorado governor bans evictions for tenants who can prove financial hardship because of coronavirus
- They’ve been called soccer moms, rage moms and Zoom moms. Why the Colorado suburban-women vote is so important.
- Democrats dominate campaign fundraising and spend big to build majority in the Colorado legislature
- Colorado has had coronavirus spikes before. Here’s why the current one could be different.
- Littwin: Trump’s final message to voters is that he knows more than Dr. Fauci (and everyone else)